The competition opens on Saturday 7th July 2018.
This is an open photographic competition (limit of 3 entries per person) to capture the spirit of the Hythe Festival within the themes of Hythe Art and heritage. We are inviting you to ‘get creative’ and think about how to represent the above themes and share your photos of the festival. Remember they will need to catch the eye and have a strong visual impact and evoke the festival themes. Entrants will be asked to give a brief factual description of their photos and why they chose it. Submission of entries will be via this website.
Take your photos and then enter the competition.
Cast your votes by 11:59 PM, Friday 13th July 2018.
Below are some examples of previous entries
An open photographic competition (limit of 3 entries per person) to capture the spirit of the Hythe Festival focusing on Colour, Style, Light, Expression and Movement . There are two categories - under 18’s and over-18’s.
We are inviting you to ‘get creative’ and think about how to represent the above themes and share your photos of the festival. Remember they will need to catch the eye and have a strong visual impact and evoke the spirit of the festival. Please give a caption and brief description of you photo.
All entries must be submitted digitally by 8pm on the 15 July.
Entries will be judged by a sub-group of the Hythe Festival 2018 Committee during the week of 16 July 2018. Prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winning entries in both the under-18 and over 18 categories. Winners will be notified by email, no later than 20 July 2018
Images may also be used at the closing celebration and in future festival display and publicity material.
Hythe Festival respects your rights and does not claim copyright for works you submit to the contest. You will retain full copyright in each entry. In addition, your moral rights are respected.
Whenever your work is published by Hythe Festival and its partners you will be credited. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition. Hythe Festival and its affiliated partners will seek to correct any errors or oversights when notified.
By entering the competition, you agree that any work you submit may be used by Hythe Festival and its affiliated partners solely for purposes in connection with the Festival, future Festivals, promotional and publicity material and no other purpose. These uses include:
- Displaying entries on the Hythe Festival website and social media outlets and those of its affiliated partners.
- Displaying the entries at the festival, gallery or any other location where your work might be exhibited.
- Displaying the entries in a book, magazine or exhibition catalogue, or similar
- Using the entries on posters, postcards or other promotional material including calendars to promote the Festival.
- Cropping and re-sizing the work as necessary to fit pre-defined formats to promote the Festival and any related exhibitions.
- Sub-licensing the entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Festival.
- Inclusion within any materials promoting the Festival or any exhibition organised by the Festival.
By continuing, you hereby grant Hythe Festival and affiliated partners a non-exclusive, royalty-free and unlimited license in each entry in all media for the uses described above.